CRITICAL CAMPAIGN to keep the stage set for FITs

  • Craig Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      FIT Colleagues,

      This campaign is fundamental to the success of any FIT in California (and beyond), and as such, I believe that you and other parties pushing for FITs will want to sign on...THE TIME IS NOW...

      The FIT Coalition (FITC) is leading a critical campaign around the proposal by the California Independent Systems Operator (CAISO) to eliminate the Small Generator Interconnect Procedure (SGIP).  The success of the FITC on this campaign could have surprisingly significant nationwide impacts to renewable energy and smart grid companies.  Please find an overview of the situation in the email below.

      Several weeks ago, the FITC circulated an initial sign-on letter that was signed by roughly 80 parties in a one-week period.  Signers range from energy policy veterans like Steve Westly, Dan Kammen, John Geesman, Terry Tamminen, and John White to clean tech companies and renewable energy developers.  Here is a link to the initial sign-on letter:
      The FITC has made attempts to work collaboratively with CAISO, and we even had CAISO executives visit the FITC offices in Palo Alto to discuss the situation, but aside from the gesture of hauling themselves to Palo Alto, the CAISO executives had little to offer.  This means that the campaign is progressing at full steam.

      Please let me know if you and some of the parties you are involved with would have signed onto the initial letter.  If so, the FITC will make sure that you and/or they are approached for the follow-on letter that will be coming by tomorrow...

      Best regards,

      Craig Lewis
      Executive Director
      FIT Coalition