Re: wind turbines

  • George M Coladonato
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2010
      I am thankful that you are open to dialog with the stakeholders on the task presented to you. The disaster in the gulf has reinforced the Presidents position that we have to increase our green energy production. Federal and state incentives are generous for green energy development. Many new technologies are in the process of being developed.
      The frustration that many of us here in San Diego county  face is the opposition to wind development in an area blessed with great wind potential by some public officials. Sometimes hard decisions must be made for the greater good. A vocal group in east county with a large voting block are hindering our county from developing the God given natural resources available .
       Why is it necessary to expend so much time and energy to accomplish and follow the proven path to green energy development? Why is litigation or fear of litigation the deciding factor? There are several stake holders very interested in speaking for equality in green energy development and await that opportunity. The CEQA clean air guidelines and water conservation are well served by permitting wind development on an equal footing with solar.
      Thank you,