RENEWABLE ENERGYGENERATION

  • George M Coladonato
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2010
      ALL,

      In these very trying times we need to dig deep to find viable solutions to the problems our country faces. Our national debt is unsustainable and we in San Diego County can contribute significantly in its reduction while creating many well paying jobs. The current administration is fast tracking the smart grid and supporting renewable energy generation for its obvious advantages. Here in the southwest we are blessed with great natural resources such as wind, solar bio fuels etc and the work force and entrepreneurs to develop technologies to utilize these gifts.

      San Diego County is in the process of modifying the guidelines for developing these resources, see http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dplu/ceqa/POD09-006.html
      Hopefully you will read the proposal and give input. It appears that a bias is given to solar above all other forms of renewable energy.
      Considering what is at stake all forms of renewable energy should be considered and treated equally.

      Hello Stakeholders,

      The draft ordinance and associated environmental documents for the Solar Wind Energy Ordinance Amendments to the County of San Diego Zoning Ordinance are now out for public review.  You may access the documents on our webpage, here is the link:

      http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dplu/ceqa/POD09-006.html

      Please let me know if you have any questions.  And please send me your comments by March 26, 2010.

      Thanks,

      Carl Stiehl

      Land Use Environmental Planner II > Advance Planning

      County of San Diego > Department of Planning and Land Use

      5201 Ruffin Road | Suite B | San Diego | CA | 92123-1666 | Mail Stop O650

      T.858.694.2216  F.858.694.3373

      Your input could change these proposed guidelines.

      Thank you,

      George M Coladonato