Report on What is Going on in Germany/FIT Reductions
- FYI Paul...feel free to share this with CalFIT etc...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Decker, Simon
Date: Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Subject: FiT update Germany
To: Craig Lewis craigermp@...
You probably know that there is an intensive discussion about the FiT taking place right know. The responsible minister announced today his plans
I took the freedom to translate the BMU proposal:
- Reduction of 15 % by April 1st for roof top system
- Reduction of 15 % by July 1st for ground mounted systems (for example on land use conversion space which are mainly landfills, military locations, etc.)
- Reduction of 25 % by July 1st for ground mounted systems on farm land (which is the main land use category for ground mounted power plants!)
- Implementation of a new growth corridor model: Basic reduction of 9 % + 2,5 % if market growth over 3,5 GW + 2,5 % for each additional GW up to 19% Max. reduction
- If the market size is falling under 2,5 GW the Reduction will be lowered by 2,5 % for each 500 MW ( < 2500MW = 6,5%; < 2000 MW = 4,0%; < 1500 MW 1,5 % )
- the deadline for Feed in tariffs for ground mounted system - right now 2015 - is going to be cancelled
- self consumption is expanded to all roof categories will not be affected by the reduction; the target is to create an advantage of 10ct/kWh in comparison to "feed in" energy by April 1st
I wanted to make sure you get this information fast. Since you are fighting for FiTs in CA, opponents could argue that "the FiT is not working in Germany anymore". Of course there this is not true; in fact it is "too successful". Therefore we need sustainable global markets to take the pressure off Germany.
We expect more details in the next week; let me know if you need more information. Please note that this is not finalized yet and it didnt pass the parliament yet. However, we expect it to pass.
I hope you are doing well and you had great new Years!
Best Regards from Germany
Assistant to the COO
Phoenix Solar AG
Local Court of Munich HRB 129117
Board of Directors: Dr. Andreas Hänel (CEO), Manfred Bächler, Dr. Murray Cameron, Sabine Kauper, Ulrich Reidenbach Head of Supervisory Board: J. Michael Fischl
606 Hillcrest Dr.
Bakersfield, CA 93305-1413
661 325 9590, 661 472 1657 mobile
Wind Energy Basics (Revised) 2009