Re: [calfit] Digest Number 19

  • Craig Lewis
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2008
      I believe that a web portal would be fantastic.  As you indicated, FIT information is coming from many angles and it is challenging to keep it all in view.  The Solar Southwest Initiative web portal is outstanding by the way!

      Craig

      ------------

      Proposed US/N. American Feed In Tariff Information and Discussion Po

      Posted by: "Michael Hoexter" michael.terraverde@...   mfh303

      Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:31 am (PDT)

      Folk involved in FIT work,

      We are experiencing a groundswell of interest throughout the States in Feed
      In Tariffs on the state and national levels. It is sometimes hard to keep
      track of what is going on and there is no one-stop place where people can
      get caught up with pending legislation and discussions of what is going on
      and maybe discuss strategy.

      It may be helpful to create a web portal where public information can be
      posted as well as potentially less public strategy discussions can take
      place.

      I've recently created this website (took me about a week):

      www.solarsouthwest.org

      I could create a similar site at a domain like "usfit.org" which had a
      general news feed page, and national and state discussion boards. We could
      include a link to Marc Strassman's Feed in Channel with video interviews. As
      this is the web, it is fairly easy to create as many discussion forums or
      pages as needed once it is set up. Each state could have their own page as
      needed.

      As this will take about week of my time, my questions are:

      1. Do you think this overall idea would be useful? If so how useful (scale
      of 1 to 10)?
      2. Do you think the public news function alone is worth it?
      3. How useful would it be to be able to have semi-private discussions
      online (visible only to logged-in users)? (scale of 1 to 10) (remember
      this is the web so no top secret discussions just semi-private).

      Please take a moment and respond. Thanks.

      Blog: www.greenthoughts.us
    • Craig Lewis
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2008
        To respond to the questions about FIT portal functionality, I believe
        that the news aggregation function will provide immediate and
        significant benefits. Personally, I am not sure how I would use the
        communication feature so, for me, I suggest starting with the news
        aggregation functionality and then determining if additional
        functionality makes sense to develop later...

        Craig