Feed-in Tariffs: Best Practices and Application in the United States

  • Bob Tregilus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2009
      FREE WEBCAST from the U.S. DOE office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy!

      Feed-in Tariffs: Best Practices and Application in the United States

      Start time: 10/28/2009 3:00 PM EDT
      End time: 10/28/2009 4:15 PM EDT

      Event Description:
      Karlynn Cory, energy analyst at the DOE National Renewable Energy Laboratory, will discuss how one state and a few localities are using Feed-in Tariffs as a policy to provide predictable financing for residential scale renewable energy systems.

      Register here:
      http://tinyurl.com/lvvvu5

      Off topic:
      Given I view distributed RE, the grid, and transportation as interconnected prongs of a single comprehensive energy policy (see the 'smart-garage' concept at the Rocky Mountain Institute) I have a personal request.

      Automakers are still unsure just how interested the public really is in plug-in electric vehicles (EVs). Toyota among others have been recently bashing EVs saying they will never gain wide acceptance with the public.

      Nissan has emerged as an exception and will unveil their new EV platform on August 1st. It will go on sale in Japan this year, the U.S. in 2010, and everywhere else by 2011.

      So whether you live in South America, Europe, Asia, or California, please take a couple of minutes to complete Nissan's short survey that will help them gage the publics' interest in EVs.

      Complete the survey here: http://tinyurl.com/nptfne

      It's a really brief survey and it will really help insure that at least Nissan knows we're interested in plug-in transportation. After all, as RE advocates you know a battery electric vehicle makes a great place to store intermittent renewables!

      Once again, follow this link Nissan's very short survey on EVs:
      http://tinyurl.com/nptfne

      Thank you in advance for your time!

      Be well,
      Bob Tregilus
      Co-chair -
      Electric Auto Association of Northern Nevada
      http://ElectricNevada.org
      775 826-4514

      Registered Linux user #471603,
      http://counter.li.org