"Picking Winners" : Strategic Error or Key Strategy?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2008
      After much fussing, I've finished the latest policy-related piece on "picking winners".   (It's LONG, by the way.) Most often treated as a taboo in the last three decades, the notion that government selects certain technologies and projects should be reconsidered in light of both political and economic conditions and new demands for a cleaner energy system and for government intervention to prevent economic deterioration.

      http://terraverde.wordpress.com/2008/12/12/pickingwinners/

      The key in "picking winners" is our attitude towards and the quality of our (social and natural) science and engineering analyses.  Without good science, high quality engineering and an expedient yet transparent decision making process, "picking winners" becomes a risky proposition.  However, there are many factors that speak for an improved prescriptive approach to implementing some key technologies.

      Take a look and please comment:

      All the best,

      Michael

      Blog:  www.greenthoughts.us