438Solar for All--California FIT for social justice

  • Paul Gipe
    Mar 23 5:19 PM
      See http://caleja.org/2012/03/solar-for-all-ej-communities-need-renewable-energy/

      CEJA is excited to announce our new “Solar for All” Assembly Bill 1990, authored by Assemblymember Paul Fong (San Jose) and Fiona Ma (San Francisco). AB 1990 is part of CEJA’s efforts to bring small-scale solar and renewable energy with local hiring requirements to low income communities. If passed, we will see 375 Mega Watts (where 1MW is the size of 2 Costco roof tops) of rooftop solar built in EJ communities and generate opportunities for our folks to become clean power generators. Read our Solar For All factsheet.

      Our Energy Committee, comprised of our member organizations, and the first-ever CEJA Women’s Policy Institute Environmental Justice team have worked hard to secure an author and establish CEJA as a leading voice on environmental justice and renewable energy issues in Capital. Having a CEJA WPI team, consisting of staff from Center on Race, Poverty and the Environment, PODER, Communities for a Better Environment, Asian Pacific Environmental Network and Environmental Health Coalition, has been an incredible opportunity to build our coalition capacity and unity.

      AB 1990 continues our efforts to ensure that low-income communities and communities of color are able to benefit from California’s large-scale build-out of renewable energy infrastructure. It is an important first step towards victory for all our communities and we look forward to working with all of you in the campaign to pass Solar for All.
      --
      Al Weinrub
      Coordinator, Local Clean Energy Alliance

      --

      Paul Gipe
      606 Hillcrest Dr.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic