392New "Politics 2100" Post: Libertarianism as an Excuse for Republicans From Civic Duty and Truth-Telling

    Oct 2, 2010
      Friends and colleagues,
      In my latest post on my politics blog, I discuss how the influence of libertarianism has attenuated the concept of civic duty in the US.  Republicans have been most taken with libertarianism but Democrats too have suffered.   In addition, I hypothesize that a weakened sense of civic duty has also increased the acceptability of lying in the political sphere:

      "Via Libertarianism, Republican excuse themselves from Civic Duty and Truth-Telling"

      Your comments and thoughts are much appreciated!

      All the best,

      Michael

      Blog:  www.greenthoughts.us