153Change in Economic Theory and Climate Policy: Part 2

    Feb 3, 2009
      Though it seems unlikely now that carbon pricing legislation will occupy the top of the legislative agenda in the US given our current deep recession, the climate protection movement has built its policy instruments and itself around the notion of carbon pricing as the key component of climate and energy strategy.  In the next part of my piece on building a comprehensive climate and energy policy, I examine some of the pluses but also the problematic assumptions and impacts of carbon pricing.

      Part 2 can be found here:

      http://terraverde.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/carbonpricing2/

      The, until recently fashionable, idealized view of markets has had an effect on how we approach technology change and behavior change that may make climate and energy policy less effective than it might be.

      Your comments and feedback are welcome.

      Best,

      Michael

      Blog:  www.greenthoughts.us