Internationall Live Call-In Show Monday on Hybrids/PHEVs

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2007
      Here on Earth - Radio Without Borders, presents an hour on the future
      of hybrids, Monday, 3PM Central, (1PM Pacific, 8PM Greenwich Mean or
      Universal Time). And you listen/can call in from anywhere (see below).

      "HYBRID FEVER"
      While US automakers were struggling, Toyota sold more cars to
      Americans than ever last month, boosted by record sales of their
      hybrids. So has America finally caught hybrid fever? Join Jean Feraca
      during this hour on Here on Earth.
      Guests:
      * Jim Kliesch (KLEESH), transportation analyst at the American
      Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
      * Bradley Berman, editor of hybridcars.com, author of "An
      Insider's Look at Hybrid Car"
      * Felix Kramer, founder of CalCars, a California initiative to
      produce 100-plus MPG hybrid cars

      HybridCars.com is a very useful resource. The site has hosted our
      blog, "Power, Plugs and People" (our last posting at
      <http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/power> was at the end of 2006).

      Kliesch is the author of a study on the benefits of PHEVs released
      last September that marked a shift for the ACEEE, which had
      previously been somewhat skeptical about PHEVs. The study showed
      emissions benefits for PHEVs even when compared to hybrids. (Most
      other studies evaluate them against gasoline cars, which is a more
      significant comparison, and of course shows far more improvement.)
      See our analysis and links to the report at "ACEEE Blows Hot & Cold
      on PHEVs; Christian Science Monitor Reports"
      <http://www.calcars.org/calcars-news/526.html>.

      You can listen on-line at
      <http://www.hereonearth.org> via RealMedia, Windows Media Player
      and I-Tunes. If you have a question:
      On-line listeners can call in toll-free in the U.S. and Canada at
      1-800-642-1234. If they live overseas, they can drop us an e-mail at
      <mailto:hereonearth@...>hereonearth@..., or they can chat
      with us live, we use AOL Instant Messenger and our screen name is
      hereonearthradio. If international listeners would like to call in,
      they can leave their number and we'll call them back.

      Host Jean Feraca is an award-winning 25-year veteran of public talk
      radio: se e,http://www.wpr.org/hereonearth/bio.cfm>. We appeared on
      her show in March 2006 -- see
      <http://www.calcars.org/calcars-news/314.html> and
      <http://www.calcars.org/audio-video.html>.