CalCars PHEV at Thursday Sacramento Public Event: Inaugural Kick-Off

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      The bi-partisan 2007 Inaugural Committee is
      hosting an event called "Leading The Green
      Dream." On Thursday, January 4, the day before
      the inauguration ceremony, from 1-4PM on the
      south lawn of the State Capitol, it will feature
      live entertainment, food, educational and service
      activities for children, technology
      demonstrations, and guest appearances by
      prominent Californians. A CalCars PHEV will be
      one of five cars at the event. The San Jose
      Mercury News reports that Gov. Schwarzenegger,
      first lady Maria Shriver and former NBA star
      Vlade Divac will be the headliners. Here's the press release:

      http://www.governors2007inaugural.com/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=gdJIKONpFiG&b=2292753&ct=3351333
      Governor Schwarzenegger's 2007 Inaugural Kick-Off
      At Capitol Park: Leading The Green Dream To
      Celebrate California's "Green" Leadership
      Open-To-The-Public Event To Feature
      Entertainment, Food, And Activities For All Ages

      Sacramento, CA – Today, the Governor's 2007
      Inaugural Committee announced that inaugural
      festivities will kick-off at Capitol Park in
      Sacramento on Thursday, January 4, 2006 from 1
      p.m. to 4 p.m. with and an open-to-the-public
      event to celebrate the start of the Governor's
      second term and highlight California's leadership
      in environmental conservationism and commitment
      to clean technology innovation. The event,
      "Governor's 2007 Inaugural Kick-Off At Capitol
      Park: Leading the Green Dream" will feature live
      entertainment, food, educational and service
      activities for children, technology
      demonstrations, and guest appearances by prominent Californians.

      "California is leading the world in so many areas
      – one of the areas I am most proud of is our
      green leadership. Californians are learning to
      live green, eat green, think green, innovate
      green and drive green. Working together, we are
      proving to the world that we can protect our
      environment while also keeping our economy
      thriving," said Governor Schwarzenegger. "Maria
      and I invite every Californian and their family
      to join us for this event as we kick-off the
      start of my second term as your governor and
      celebrate our state's environmental heritage."

      "Governor's 2007 Inaugural Kick-Off At Capitol
      Park: Leading the Green Dream" is an open to the
      public event, free of charge, and will feature
      many activities for all ages, including:

      * A program featuring Governor Arnold
      Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver
      * Special guest appearance by Former NBA Basketball Star Vlade Divac
      * Interactive service projects for children
      including tree planting; school garden
      construction and planting; utilizing recycled
      business products to make harmonicas for area
      school children; and solar and alternative power demonstrations
      * Healthy, organic, California Grown food
      provided by Albertsons, Traci's Gourmet Granola,
      Starbucks Coffee, Safeway, California Farm Bureau, and California Citrus Mutual
      * Educational displays by the California
      Environmental Protection Agency, the Resources
      Agency, California Volunteers, green tech
      companies, and environmental organizations
      plug-in hybrid, natural gas, and fuel cell powered cars
      * California Department of Fish and Games's
      20 foot-long aquarium filled with fish from local rivers
      * Live music performed by local Sacramento musical groups

      The event will also feature the "Wall of Green
      Dreams." This mural designed by California
      artists will provide space for children to
      express their dream for the future of California.
      This wall will be featured in the lobby of the
      California Environmental Protection Agency
      building in Sacramento for one month following
      the inauguration and will permanently be on
      display in the California Museum for History,
      Women and the Arts. Also, to commemorate Governor
      Schwarzenegger's 2007 Inauguration, the
      Sacramento Tree Foundation will plant a
      California Redwood Tree in Capitol Park during the event.

      In keeping with the Governor's commitment to
      alternative fuel development and his
      environmental leadership, all power for this
      event will come from biodiesel and biomass
      generators and solar panels. In addition,
      throughout the course of all of the Governor's
      inaugural events transportation for invited
      guests will be available in zero-emission
      hydrogen-powered fuel cell cars and buses powered
      by UTC Power and Ballard Power Systems provided
      in conjunction with the California Fuel Cell Partnership.