CEO/Entrepreneur/Engineer Dave Bagshaw is CalCars' New Senior Advisor

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      Dave Bagshaw, a long-time Silicon Valley entrepreneur, has signed on
      as a Senior Advisor to CalCars. He will be actively involved in
      shaping key initiatives of the non-profit start-up, including
      possible organization of a spin-of for-profit company. Bagshaw was VP
      of Marketing at Silicon Graphics in its early high-growth days. He
      was Senior Vice President at @Home Networks and Excite@Home. As CEO
      of Shutterfly in 2003-2004, he helped grow the company to be a leader
      of the online digital photo and printing industry.(Shutterfly had
      its IPO in September, 2006.) Bagshaw has Masters degrees in business
      and mechanical engineering from Stanford; as part of his
      thermosciences focus, he worked on design of a low emissions
      automobile engine design.

      CalCars Founder Felix Kramer said, "Dave has a stellar
      entrepreneurial, management and technical background. We've been
      trying to recruit someone with this mix for a long time. Now that
      car-makers are saying "plug-in hybrids make sense -- but..." and are
      putting their toes in the water, CalCars' strategies aim to expand
      and speed up their steps toward commercialization and prove their
      value and performance. Dave can help make that happen."

      Dave Bagshaw said, "My first entrepreneurial experience came as
      co-founder of a solar and conservation engineering service company,
      Pacific Sun Inc. Now, after years in technology companies, I decided
      it was time for me to start working on something that's good for our
      environment. I really enjoyed my early years in the alternative
      energy world and I'd like to get back to making a contribution to
      helping to save the planet. I've been on the sidelines rooting for
      CalCars progress for a long time. Now I want to help CalCars motivate
      car-makers to starting building thousands of PHEVs for public and
      private fleets and early adopters. I'd also like to be first on my
      block to power my car from my rooftop photovoltaic solar electric system."