Wired Blog/EcoTalk Green Radio/Blogs:Heart of Green/Ecofabulous

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2006
      Here are four useful resources. First is a blog about PHEVs; second
      is a radio show you should know about (and if possible support), and
      third, two "green bloggers" who've been interested in CalCars.

      In the wake of Wednesday's NYTimes story, you can find a lively
      discussion at <http://blog.wired.com/cars/2006/10/doubt_cast_on_p.html>.

      Second: we met Betsy Rosenberg a few years ago when she was doing
      EcoTalk radio segments for CBS radio in San Francisco and had just
      co-founded "Don't Be Fueled! Mothers For Clean and Safe Vehicles"
      <http://www.dontbefueled.org>. EcoTalk gradually became more
      successful, and more frequent, including joining Air America. Now,
      despite the bankruptcy filing of that network, she continues
      interviewing interesting people five days a week. She hears people
      tell her what wonderful work she's doing but hasn't received the
      support she needs to keep going. (Does that remind you of CalCars' situation?)

      Here's part of her update/pitch:
      The EcoTalk team is making an urgent appeal to individuals,
      organizations and green companies to help get EcoTalk with Betsy
      Rosenberg off the "endangered list" and avoid extinction of the only
      national commercial radio show dedicated to the environment -- now
      airing five days a week plus podcasting on iTunes. We must raise
      $100,000 to keep EcoTalk on the air through the winter as we regroup
      without the Air America Network's financial support. These funds can
      come as donation, sponsorship or investment -- but time is of the
      essence. We need commitments by November 1.

      EcoTalk covers environmental news and views and all aspects of green
      living in an engaging, solutions-oriented format. Nowhere else will
      you hear the voices behind the headlines, and eco-visionaries who
      deserve to be in he headlines but are overlooked by mainstream media.
      The program reaches a national audience of 100,000 Americans hungry
      for alternatives, and is growing rapidly at this crucial time in the
      nation's eco-evolution. In the last few months we have:

      - Expanded from one to five shows a week;
      - Added new affiliate stations; (see http://www.ecotalk.net for
      complete list w/airtimes)
      - Renewed partnerships with NRDC, Earthjustice and Union of
      Concerned Scientists;
      - Created new partnerships with GreenBiz.com, TreeHugger and Plenty magazine.

      We are in the process of developing a business plan for expansion of
      EcoTalk's distribution, and will be bringing in new investors,
      advisors and sponsors. At <http://www.ecotalk.net>, you can listen to
      some of our recent notable guests (Al Gore, Bill McKibben, Richard
      "The Plunderer" Pombo's challenger, Jerry McNerny, NASA's Jim Hansen,
      Helen Caldicott, EPA whistle-blower Dr. Bill Kirzy) and hear for
      yourself how this program IS making a difference, is a powerful voice
      for change, and must continue! Part of our mission is to provide
      exposure to unsung eco-heroes and green groups so your donation will
      help us give your favorite environmental organization national
      exposure and impact.

      We also need you and all your friends to tune in to your environment.
      These conversations are relevant to everyone who eats, drinks or
      breathes! Urge them to go to <http://www.ecotalk.net> to find a
      station in their community and then forward this urgent letter, or
      your own message to help spread the word about this unique and timely
      program. Can we count on your support? Please send checks - all
      amounts welcome - to Ecotalk, P.O. Box 29025, San Francsico. CA.
      94129. Hot leads, inquiries, testimonials, etc. can be sent to
      betsy@.... Our office # is (415) 561-2165.

      Finally, check out two entrepreneurial, imaginative bloggers who
      focus on resources that help you be green.

      First is Nadine Weil's "Heart of Green: Passion for Green, Clean &
      Everything In Between" at <http://heartofgreen.typepad.com>.
      Welcome to Heart of Green. This is not about me; this is about our
      planet. But if you are wondering, I am a recovering businesswomen
      turned pro-green activist. I have engineering and business degrees
      from hoity toity sounding places like Stanford and Harvard. I've been
      an industrial engineer, a consultant, a venture capitalist, an
      Internet executive and even an aspiring ballet dancer. But no matter.
      Something was missing. I just didn't know what.

      You can see what she says about cars (including CalCars and Tesla) at

      Finally, there's Zem Joaquin's "Ecofabulous: Sustainable, Sexy Stuff"
      at <http://www.ecofabulous.com>.
      Inspired and mentored by William McDonough over the last couple of
      years, I have developed a different lens, which makes it impossible
      to view products as I had previously. In one way or another I have
      always worked in design, whether it was as a critic or promoter. Now
      I just envision everyone rethinking the way they think about design.
      Cradle to Cradle design means that everything that comes from the
      earth (and what doesn't) should go back to the earth either as a
      biological nutrient or should include a plan for the next incarnation
      of the technical nutrients.