CalCars gets support from Pacific Gas & Electric

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2005
      The California Cars Initiative has with great pleasure received a
      contribution from Pacific Gas and Electric for the purpose of "educating
      Californians on the benefits of plug-in hybrids".

      This grant was made possible by the utility's Clean Air Transportation
      Program. PG&E has one of the nation's largest fleets of low-emission
      vehicles. It is working to encourage plug-in hybrid technology and
      has been in the forefront of efforts to promote the expansion of
      portfolios of renewable fuels for power generation. The company is the
      single largest participant in California's energy efficiency program, which
      at $2B is the largest in the nation.

      We couple this announcement with the year-end reminder that your
      tax-deductible contributions can make a huge difference in enabling us to
      reach our mutual goals. We remain a shoestring effort with almost no budget
      for travel, conferences, or sustainability for our two full-time
      near-volunteers.

      You can help us capitalize on the momentum we've gained in 2005, You can
      give by credit card, check or PayPal. $25 or more gets you the bumper
      sticker shown at CalCars Sponsor <http://www.calcars.org/sponsor.html>. For
      $95 you become a Charter Sponsor. Gifts in the three figures are highly
      appreciated. Donations in the four-to-five figures will get you a phone
      call from CalCars' Founder Felix Kramer or Technology Lead Ron Gremban and,
      schedules permitting, a ride in a plug-in hybrid.

      http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/EAA-PHEV