Key publications/handouts updated

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2005
      In preparation for the next round of events and programs, we've updated and
      expanded our main documents.

      Our large collection of the best articles and handouts (described online as
      our "recommended mix") is now at 32 pages. It includes "ads" from Plug-In
      Austin, the Plug-In Hybrid Consortium, the Plug In America campaign and
      EDrive.
      After 6 months, our "social impact" flyer, "We Can Tackle National
      Security, Jobs and Global Warming -- All at the Same Time"
      had gotten very out of date. Now we've updated it. including recent quotes
      from George Shultz and Jim Woolsey and the endorsement from Robert Kennedy, Jr.
      We've further improved our 10 Talking Points for PHEVs and our PRIUS+ Fact
      Sheet (now at version 1.12)
      You can see what's included in the Table of Contents below, or simply
      view/download it at
      http://www.calcars.org/calcars-32pages-4dec05.pdf (8MB)
      If you can make a tax-deductible donation via
      http://www.calcars.org/sponsor.html, let us know and we'll include one or
      two brochure versions.
      If you like any particular article and want to distribute it, you can find
      links to the individually downloadable PDFs in the middle of our FAQ at
      http://www.calcars.org/calcars-faq

      Acknowledgments: The "We Can Tackle" flyer was originally written
      and produced with the help of Gail Slocum and the energy-solution.com
      group in Oakland, subsequently updated with help from Michael Woyton, the
      New Yorker to whom I sold my desktop publishing business back in '97. Last
      week, we got help from John Davi, an able self-described "web-tech-jack of
      all trades" in Palo Alto.

      We hope soon to carve out some time to improve navigation and clarity in
      our jumble of a website.

      Finally, to reward those who take the trouble to read to the end of
      messages, here's a sneak preview of our much-updated presentation to the
      EDTA conference:
      http://www.calcars.org/edta-calcars-felixkramer-vancouver-dec05.pdf (2MB)

      TABLE OF CONTENTS OF CALCARS PHEV BROCHURE
      2 10 Talking Points for Plug-In Hybrids, flyer
      3 Adding an Electric Fuel Tank to a Hybrid, Green Car Journal, op-ed
      by Felix Kramer
      4 We Can Tackle National Security, Jobs, and Global Warming At the
      Same Time, flyer
      6 As Toyota Goes..., by NY Times Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist
      Thomas L. Friedman
      7 Giving Hybrids a Real Jolt, by Business Week reporter John Carey
      8 Running on Empty, by LA Times Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Dan
      Neil
      12 Breaking That Dirty Oil Habit, by TIME reporter Unmesh Kher et. al.
      16 The Hybrid Connection, by Green Car Journal reporter Kellen Schefter
      20 Hybrid-Car Tinkerers Scoff at No-Plug-In Rule, by NY Times reporter
      Danny Hakim
      21 Renewable Fuel Options, National Commission on Energy Policy excerpt
      22 How to Stay on Top of the News about Plug-In Hybrids, CalCars flyer
      23 PRIUS+ Fact Sheet, technical information
      26 The California Cars Initiative, description
      27 What will the next generation hybrid look like?, Plug-In Hybrid
      Consortium flyer
      28 Building a Market for a Flexible-Fuel PHEV, Plug-In Austin
      Municipal Plan flyer
      30 Why Plug-In Cars, Plug In America Campaign flyer
      31 Now You Can Plug It In, EDrive Systems flyer
      32 Plugging In, CalCars flyer

      http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/EAA-PHEV