Robert F. Kennedy Jr. endorses PHEVs; hosts CalCars on radio show

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      This week, I pre-taped an interview for about 10 minutes with Robert F.
      Kennedy Jr, co-host of the Air America program, Ring Of Fire. The show airs
      Oct. 8 and Oct. 9, the weekend after next.

      After that interview, Kennedy released the following comment about PHEVs:

      "We should have a national program to promote plug-in hybrid cars running
      on electricity and biofuels. Since we're not getting leadership on this
      from the White House or the Energy Department, I'm happy that initiatives
      are coming from entrepreneurial groups like CalCars.org and from state and
      local campaigns."

      Kennedy is Senior Attorney at the Natural Resources Defense Council,
      President of the Waterkeeper Alliance and author most recently of "Crimes
      Against Nature" (HarperCollins 2004). (We've added the endorsement to "What
      people are saying about Plug-In Hybrids and CalCars' PRIUS+ Strategy" at<
      http://www.calcars.org/kudos.html>.

      Ring of Fire (theme song by Johnny Cash) <http://www.ringoffireradio.com>
      is hosted by Kennedy and Mike Papantonio. The show will air Saturday,
      October 8 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. EST and will be rebroadcast at the same
      time on Sunday Oct. 9 in most markets. You can find a listing of local Air
      America Radio affiliates at http://www.airamericaradio.com> --and listen to
      the show online at that site. Within a few days of the broadcast, we'll
      have a pointer to the permanent archive for the show.