Support All Those Who are Plugging Away for You

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2010
      This is a celebratory time, when we combine time with family and
      friends with thoughts about 2011 and our concerns for so many aspects
      of our future. We can acknowledge our successes in beginning to
      change the auto industry, and think about what comes next. We hope
      you readers of CalCars-News are thinking about what you'll do next
      year to continue to address the giant challenges presented by our
      global dependence on fossil fuels. And we hope BEFORE YEAR-END you'll
      contribute, if you haven't done so already, to CalCars and the many
      other organizations working on behalf of your globe and its
      inhabitants. More on that below. Plus stay tuned for news in the next
      few days about a CalCars event to celebrate the arrival in California
      of the Chevy Volt!

      Below is a list of or worthy organizations. But first we ask you to
      help CalCars continue our efforts. Any donation IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS
      will have a huge benefit in enabling us to make a big splash for the
      delivery of the first production plug-in hybrids to Felix (world's
      first consumer owner of a PHEV) and Ron (developer and driver of the
      world's first Prius converted PHEV).

      If you've never contributed, this is a good time to consider a
      donation as a "performance bonus" based on our success since 2002!
      We're working on five priority areas:
      * Ensuring the successful roll-out of the first PHEVs and EVs.
      * Promoting the idea of the importance of gas-guzzler conversions as
      the big next step after new plug-ins.
      * Connecting individuals and groups who want to work on both these issues.
      * Working with thought-leaders, legislators, journalists to advance
      these goals and combat misinformation.
      * Speaking publicly and showing our vehicles at public and private events.

      DONATE at http://www.calcars.org/sponsor.html for tax-deductible
      contributions by credit card, Paypal, Google Checkout or check.

      MANY OTHERS are promoting broad vehicle electrification and awareness
      about the need for imminent action on climate change. We're not
      including the large and well-established national organizations. We
      apologize in advance if our selected list misses others you like; see
      more at http://www.calcars.org/partners . We encourage you to join and support:

      * PLUG IN AMERICA http://www.pluginamerica.org advocates broadly for
      all kinds of EVs and PHEVs. See PIA's entertaining new video ads
      (fourth one just out) at http://www.youtube.com/pluginamerica
      * ELECTRIC AUTO ASSOCIATION http://www.electricauto.org/ with many
      dozens of local chapters and events.
      * PROJECT GET READY http://www.projectgetready.org providing contacts
      and toolkits to promote the arrival of plug-in vehicles. Its original
      sponsor is Rocky Mountain Institute http://www.rmi.org , whose
      "Reinventing Fire" situates plug-in cars centrally in the vision of a
      fossil-free world.
      * 350.ORG http://www.350.org is a highly energetic grass-roots
      organization using creative ways to create a global movement to solve
      the climate crisis.
      * If you work in CLEANTECH or want to, check out and consider joining
      three organizations: ENVIRONMENTAL ENTREPRENEURS
      http://www.e2.org and CLEAN ECONOMY NETWORK
      http://www.cleaneconomynetwork.org/ both advocate for a new business
      model to power the world and employ people in businesses that nurture
      instead of plunder. And CLEANTECH OPEN http://www.cleantechopen.org
      is where people with new ideas build companies.

      Finally, GM's Auction of the first Volt raised $225K for the Detroit
      Public Schools Foundation http://volt.charitybuzz.com/ . We're
      considering auctioning off Felix's historic and still well-running
      converted Prius. If you'd like to help, contact us at info@...

      Thanks for your continuing interest, support, and help!