GM: Video and First "Outsider" Test Drive

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010
      While I'm at the always-entertaining and inspiring TED conference
      http://conferences.ted.com/TED2010 (about the intersection of
      Technology, Entertainment and Design) in Long Beach, promoting
      plug-ins and internal combustion retrofits round the clock, I wanted
      to take a minute to note a few items: a great short GM video and a
      milestone test drive session of the Chevy Volt.

      WATCH "ELECTRIC VEHICLE THOUGHT LEADERS: The Future of Electric
      Vehicles (2.5 minutes),GM's February 2010 video. CalCars' Felix
      Kramer gets the first and last quoted comments; includes EV advocate
      Chelsea Sexton, Electric Power Research Institute's Mark Duvall,
      California Public Utilities Commission's Mike Peevey, Chevrolet
      General Manager Jim Campbell.

      It's still on the home page at http://www.chevroletvoltage.com/ and
      its permalinks are
      http://www.chevroletvoltage.com/index.php/videos/videodirectlink/165-electric-vehicle-thought-leaders-discuss-the-future-of-evs.html
      and at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3r9Os8VCZQ

      MY DREAM STARTS TO COME TRUE: I finally got my first drive of a Chevy
      Volt. GM's Volt Vehicle Line Director Tony Posawatz helped put the
      car through its paces at the TED2010 event in Long Beach, Feb., 9,
      2010 -- which Posawatz described as the first time the vehicle was
      demoed to non-insider "civilians" (people outside the
      auto/media/advocacy communities).

      The car handled beautifully, peppy with a pretty tight steering
      wheel. Engineers have done a good job integrating two options for
      levels of regenerative braking. Lots of new vehicle information going
      on display screens. And the interior is starting to feel a bit more
      luxurious. You can download an application to remotely monitor and
      control aspects of the car for iPhone, Blackberry, Android: look for
      Onstar Experience.

      FOR A PHOTO OF FELIX AND TONY, see http://www.calcars.org/photos-groups.html .