'Dogs Barking

  • AndyBurr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2000
      Sorry--just have to do a little horn-tootin'!

      Orlando-based Louisiana music group The Porchdogs are currently holding the
      #1 position on the Zydeco chart at MP3.com, probably the most popular of the
      indie music download web sites. That's #1 out of nearly 150 other songs in
      the Zydeco genre uploaded from across the US--and they've been holding that
      position for the better part of a week. In addition, the band has three other
      songs in the Top 10 on the same chart, all of them currently rising:
      "Evangeline Special" is a traditional Cajun 2-step;
      "Something In My Gumbo" is a bluesy novelty song;
      "Hey Tee Fee" (my favorite) is kind of a Cajun - swing- honky-tonk.

      Thanks for listening. BTW, the band is willing to travel--think of us next
      time you need a Louisiana music or roots music group!
      best wishes,

      Andy Burr
      Porchdogs Cajun / Zydeco Band web pages
      http://members.aol.com/andyburr