Game plan for learning cajun fiddling for adults

  • zydeholic
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hey, I'm trying to organize a game plan for fiddle workshops for cajun
      music. I need some sort of idea about the steps or levels that need
      to be
      achieved. THe level that is out of my reach right now is double-
      stops.
      But I want to approach this in a step-wise manner so I know how to
      approach things.

      Any ideas? I know, everyone needs to go take some private lessons
      with an
      instructor to get over the hump of just being able to get a tone out
      of
      the thing, but after that?

      Here's what I know off the top of my head:

      Playing on A and E strings
      Seconding
      Slides
      Drones
      Octave drones
      Chords that only fret one string

      What could step one up to double stops in an easy manner?