UJ Meaux

  • Mark Marcin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2006
      I just got back from a trip to Louisiana...On my way out of town
      on Monday..I stopped by Louisiana Heritage and Gifts.
      I saw Mitch Reed and he was on his way to play at U.J. Meaux's
      funeral. UJ was the fiddler with Walter Mouton.

      I think they said...UJ was 79. UJ was also Jimmy Breaux's stepfather.
      Its sad to lose another great cajun musician.

      I haven't been able to find an obituary onliine, but I think
      his funeral was in Crowley.

      Mark
    • tomandsusan@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2006
        Mark,

        Thanks for letting us know. I just saw BeauSoleil this past weekend
        (twice, once in Minnesota, once in Wisconsin). I was grateful to be able
        to offer my condolences to Jimmy on the death of his stepfather. All
        these Cajun musicians mean so much to me, I appreciate the news, even
        when it's sad.

        Susan B