Re: remembering Marv

  • racerx6311
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      That is a great story, we were there Saturday at El Centro and our
      prayers are with Eric and his family. Marv will be missed.

      My best memory of Marv was from the Speedway 117 days. My dad raced
      with him. The week prior Marv had crashed his car and was not able to
      get it ready for the next race. Well apparently his wife was on
      vacation so he took her car and with shoe polish put an number on the
      car and raced it. The car was in pristine condition when it went out
      on the track. As you can imagine after couple of brushes with the
      turn 4 wall and 25 laps in a main event on a dirt track, it was not
      looking so hot. I could not imagine the what the conversations were
      at home after that one. LOL.

      Mike

      --- In cajonspeedwaytoo@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Gardner"