Welcome race fans

  • mark_fs17_littlepage
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2005
      Hello all. Anyone still interested in Cajon? The more i read the
      County and Airport link that was given out the more I find that the
      airport isn't all it's cracked up to be.I'm not an accounting major
      or a legal expert but I see some funny things there in the leases
      and provisions.I hope to be able to take time to document all this
      for a case if anyone wants to push the issue.
      I find it interesting that Gillespie Field was improved a few
      years ago with redevelopment money, which is stated to be used for
      the benefit of "all" the public. Redevelopement money is earmarked
      to improve "slum and blighted areas". Read it in the response
      notice.Was the airport a "slum?" Besides, the "public" only
      includes people that can afford airplanes. Not only that, but
      the "Airport" has not only not been able to reduce their debt load
      with the redevelopment agency but their debt is increasing.
      So my point is that if the "Airport" needs the property to
      temporarily plug a hole in their dike,then what will they use in the
      future as their excuse for failing? Follow me here-- if they are not
      making it now, why give up a profitable venture on the property?
      Also, the redevelopment issues include employment, and there is a
      study which shows that the airport employs less people per acre than
      the race track---come on--we can show the county, who is really in
      charge of this, that this is a profitable venture and if the airport
      can use redevelopment money to improve a "luxury", then maybe
      someone can get the same money to improve the track facilities along
      the lines of Irwindale or Perris or any other showcase racing
      facility.
      read the stuff---Mark
      PS---see you at Barona