1058Dennis Heffernan

  • dollardave2005
    Jun 29, 2007
      On the same day (June 1st) that John Hager's photo obituary appeared
      in the San Diego Union-Tribune obituaries, also was Dennis
      Dennis raced my car at Cajon Speedway in the 80's and was also
      involved in working on several other cars there. He was just 45 years
      old. Dennis suffered a heart attack while doing some work over at his
      parents, Ken and Dorothys, house in Lemon Grove. The Guest Book for
      Dennis can be viewed at www.SignOnSanDiego.com
      He was a very funny guy and will be greatly missed as will John Hager.
      Dave Szalay

      -- In cajonspeedwaytoo@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Gardner" <rgardne1@...>
      > John Hager, longtime Cajon Speedway crew chief and crewman, passed
      > away Tuesday, May 22 at Kaiser Hospital due to complications from
      > diabetes.
      > John started working on cars at the track back in the 1970's. Over
      > the years he assisted Bobby Guest, Benny Carver, Tex Kimbrell,
      > Pemberton, Ed Hale, and Gary Tamborelli among others. He was crew
      > chief for Tamborelli during his three Cajon late model sportsman
      > championship seasons in 1997, 1998, and 1999 as well as the
      > championships Tamborelli won in super late models at Orange Show
      > Speedway in San Bernardino in 2001 and 2002.
      > John always had a smile on his face when he was at the track.
      > John will receive his checkered flag at the clubhouse at the
      > Park West condominium complex (363 Compton Street, El Cajon, CA
      > 92020) at noon on Saturday June 2, 2007.
      > John, who was 54, is survived by his wife Barbara, who ran the pit
      > tower at the track for almost as many years as John worked on stock
      > cars, and his daughter Julie.
      > Condolences and memories of John can be posted here or sent to
      > Barbara Hager at bjhager@...
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic