The Parrot Club movie night July 10th - Winged Migration

  • hopkinsus@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2012
      Winged Migration

      Join TPon July 12th for our annual movie night with a showing of one of the most beautiful bird movies ever - Winged Migration.

      Nominated for an Academy Ward in 2002, Winged Migration is a visually stunning look at bird migration from the viewpoint of the birds themselves mostly in flight (though we also have marching penguins!).  Filmed over four years and on all seven continents, this documentary shows the immense and arduous journeys birds make during their migrations.  The movie pioneered in-flight camera techniques which make it appear to the viewers that they are flying along with the birds.  Film was shot from ultralights, paragliders, hot air balloons, trucks, motorcycles, motorboats, remote-controlled robots, and a French Navy warship.

      The visually arresting footage is complemented by minimal narration and a haunting soundtrack which immerses the viewer in the experience.  We'll be showing the film on our large screen so you can truly appreciate this magnificent film.

      Watch the trailer here:

      Come join us for this very special movie night with popcorn and snacks.  Fun for the whole family!