St Sebastians

  • marychance
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2006
      St. Sebastian's Archery Weekend
      August 11-13, 2006

      Once again the Kingdom's archers sally forth. This year instead of
      the King's forests, we will be venturing through his fields and
      pastures. St Sebastians will be held on wooded pasture lands east of
      Greeley this year.

      This new site will give our shoot-master new fodder for his devious
      brain. Fun and interesting shoots will be planned, and of course our
      flaming arrow night shoot.

      The site is' primitive.' Which means we will have port-a-johns, and
      trucked in water for washing etc. You will need to bring your own
      drinking water. Purveyors of gas and provisions are only a few miles
      distant, in Kersey, if you forget something.

      Important : Each archer must have with them at least 12 arrows for
      their own use.

      When: 4:00pm Friday August 11 thru 12:00 noon Sunday August 14.

      Where: The wooded pastures to the north-east (Site of Cattle Raids)
      Take your best route to I-25 and hwy 34 and go east, stay on 34 around
      Greeley, do not take the business 34 exit into Greeley. When you come
      to the hwy 85 and hwy 34 Junction look for the Fort Morgan Exit and
      stay on 34 to the town of Kersey, just past Kersey look for the County
      road 56 sign and turn left onto 56 follow to the dead end and turn
      left follow the dirt road into the site. Signege is planned.

      Restrictions: Fire restrictions are unknown at this time. Dogs are
      welcome, but must be on a leash (with some one or some thing attached
      to the other end) or in a pen. There is wildlife in the area, deer,
      coon, coyote, etc. so sensible precautions to safeguard your camp and
      self are expected of everyone.

      Wet Site: Discretion is requested. You will not be allowed to shoot
      if you have been drinking.

      Fees: All weekend or day trip: adult - $7 12 years and under
      - $6 3 years and under - no-charge
      PLEASE NOTE: There is a $3 non-member surcharge, if you cannot provide
      proof of membership (a current blue or white card or current
      publication label from either the Outlandish Herald or Tournaments
      Illuminated) at the gate. Waiver requirements will be enforced.

      Autocrat: Lady Cecelia Corr Mhaire, Mary Conley, 303-433-0132,
      corr.mhaire@...
    • Conley, Mary
      Message 2 of 16 , May 16, 2009
        St. Sebastian's Archery and Caerthen Archery Warden and Crossbowman Competition

        August 14, 2009

        All archers are called upon to come and show their prowess with the handbow and crossbow. St Sebastians is alive and well with yet another change of location. This year we will be at the Quint Valley Fairgrounds (site for Crossroads). For those of you who know the site we will be shooting in the back area where the drumming is held. There will be water on site but be sure to bring something to sit on and shade if you wish to be comfortable. The Caerthen Archery Warden and Crossbowman Tournament(s) will be held during St Sebastians after lunch.

        Please join us for another year of his lordship Eric's entertaining shoots as well as the determination of the archery champions for Caerthe.

        The Caerthen Cooks Guild has been approached about providing a donation lunch for the day. Additional information will forthcoming as soon as it is available. If it is anything like last year's, it will be great. Any profits will got to a worthy fund in the barony, so you don't even have to pack a lunch.

        Each archer must have a minimum of 12 arrows for their own use. Plan on shooting till your fingers fall off.

        St Sebastians Shoots will begin at 9:00am. (Warm up will be at 8:30) There will be a break for lunch followed by the Archery Warden and Crossbowman shoots. Court will be at her Excellency's convenience.

        When: 8:00am to 4:00pm Saturday August 14, 2009.

        Where: Quint Valley Fairgrounds. Byers Colorado.
        From Denver, I-70 east 33 miles exit at Byers, CO. Turn north (left) on
        Main St. (US-36) and proceed for approx 1�2 mile to Quint Valley
        Fairgrounds entrance on the left.

        Restrictions: All fairgrounds regulations apply. Discreetly wet site, however you will not be allowed to shoot if you have been drinking. Dogs are welcome, but must be on a leash (with some one or some thing stable attached to the other end).

        Fees:
        Site fee: $3.00
        12 and under: free unless they are taking part in the shooting, then the adult fee applies

        PLEASE NOTE: There is a $3 non-member surcharge, if you cannot provide proof of membership (a current blue or white card or publication label from the most current Outlandish Herald) at the gate. Waiver requirements will be enforced.

        Autocrat: THL Cecelia Corr Mhaire, Mary Conley, 303-433-0132, corr.mhaire@...<mailto:corr.mhaire@...>

        _

      • sabel
        Message 3 of 16 , May 16, 2009
          Uh - 14 August 2009 is a Friday -

          Message 4 of 16 , May 18, 2009
            Yes, I got the date wrong. It is the 15th not the 14th.
            Some of what I do at work has me projecting things into the next year and when I whipped out my handy-dandy half page calendars I looked at 2010 instead of 2009. Sometimes I don't know when I am.

            To reiterate: St Sebastians is on Saturday August 15th. Not the 14th (Friday) as incorrectly noted in the announcement.

            Cecelia
            (the red faced autocrat)

            C. Mary Conley
            University of Colorado Denver, Downtown