22543April Baronial Update from Populous Meeting 4/7/2014

  • ethanandannie
    Apr 15, 2014

      Apologies for the lateness of this summery but I was delayed by a wedding and a back injury.

      A&S:

      There are several artisans in the Barony busily working away and creating great and wonderful things.

      The next round of the KAOS project has begun with a very, very interesting theme.

      The Cooks Guild: Guild Head - Mistress Catrin von Berlin (Gwen Cat)

      From Mistress Gwen Cat herself: On Saturday, March 15, 2014 cooks guild ventured to Villaleon for their Corazon de Leon event.  Eight of us made the journey (thanks to Masters Jethro and Johann, and Lady Elaisse for driving) and enjoyed the hospitality of the shire.  Some of us spent time in the kitchens (I had a BLAST with Liepa and Madhavi and all the rest of those preparing both lunch and feast) and then we all shared in the amazing dishes brought forth.  My favorite was the corazon (heart) but all I tasted was delicious. Huzza to Villaleon for a wonderful event, and thanks to all of cooks guild who came to the event.

      On Sunday April 27, 2014 Caerthe's Cooks Guild will meet at 2:00 pm at Gwen Cat's home, please bring a spring dish to share.  Hopefully the weather will allow us to enjoy sunshine and birdsong outside.  We may just chat and enjoy the season, or we may plan the next few meetings, or discuss a possible menu for an end of summer event, or we might even trek to a local garden center to fondle/shop for herbs and other "grow your own edibles." As the mood strikes those who attend.

       Address: contact me at tgrcat2001@....  Please note catfur (and the contributors of same) is/are part of the environment, smoking (of any inhaleable) is not permitted.

      The Embroidery and Embellishments Guild: Guild Head - Lady Máire Dooley

      -          Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 7pm at The Art of Sword and Chivalry

      The last meeting was April 8th. There was canvas painting on small tote bags. A discussion was held concerning largesse donations, fundraising for the guild to offset the cost of using TASC. Participation in A&S competitions, a sign, participation at guild events and activities for the coming months.

      The Fiber Guild

      The Jewelers Guild: Guild Head – THL Jibra'il `Attar

      -          Meets one Monday per month at The Art of Sword and Chivalry.  No experience necessary!  Please contact THLord Jibrail or Dona Arcadia for more information.  Details can be found on the guild's Facebook page.

      The Leatherworkers Guild: Guild Head – THL Angus Montgomery the Forrester

      -          The leatherworker's guild currently meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays each month.  Please click here or contact THLord Forrester for more info.

      The Scribal Guild: Guild Head – Lord Rioghan

      -          Meets the second Wednesday of the month. The first new meeting will occur at The Art of Sword and Chivalry and the location may vary from there.

      The Apothecaries & Herbalists Guild: Guild Head – Lady Morgan Cheyney

      The Brewers Guild: Guild Head - Ciaran mac Cormiag

      There will be a class held at TASC for an Introduction to the Alchemy of Making Cordials. Stay tuned for more info.

      Heraldry in the Barony:

      Our Aspen held a commentary meeting for the March Letter of Presentation and attended the Rampart decision meeting

      No new submissions this month.

      There were three consultations.

      Our Aspen will be having heraldic sessions at the Artisan Gathering in Hawks Hollow.

      The Honorable Lady Magdalena Lucia Ramberti was made a sojourner of the Order of Evan. Scroll by  Rothin in Flamska.

      Archery in the Barony:

      Outdoor archery continues to be closed however we hope that they will begin again this month weather permitting.

      Archery on Sundays has moved indoors!  We have the range at No Limits Archery for the winter- this is a 20-30-40 yard range.  Practice will be Sundays  9am until 11 - 11:30.  For those further north, there will be practice Sundays at 10 AM at the new Empty Quiver archery range in Broomfield, they will be shooting midrealms and the new SSAC (Society Seasonal Archery Contest).

      Gander Mountain practices are continuing on Mondays.

      There is also archery at TASC on Tuesday nights, which has a 20 yard range and allows crossbows.   We are working on getting an official marshal there so that we can make this practice fully official, and Corban of Ravenhyrst will be taking this practice over. We hope to soon purchase archery butts for this location to lower the price of admittance. Please stay tuned.

      The Fortress!:

      Our Baronial Newsletter continues to go strong. The April 2014 Edition will need contact information, schedule of activities, and general updates from all of the newly formed or restarted Guilds: Jewelers Guild, Medieval Embellishments Guild, Lampworkers Guild, etc.

      Heavy Fighting:

      Heavy weapons practice continues on Wednesdays from 6:30pm - 11:00pm at The Art of Sword and Chivalry. The site is not free.  Admission is $10, but first-time visitors and spectators can enter free.

      Directions:

      From I-25, go east on I-70

      Exit 281 (Peoria)

      Turn right (south) on Peoria

      Turn left on 39th Ave (first light)

      Turn left into the 39th Avenue Business Park

      Turn left at Building A

      Facility is at west end of building (northeast corner of business park)

      Rapier Fighting:

      Rapier practice continues on Thursdays from 6:30pm - 11:00pm at The Art of Sword and Chivalry. The site is not free.  Admission is $10, but first-time visitors and spectators can enter free.

      Directions:

      From I-25, go east on I-70

      Exit 281 (Peoria)

      Turn right (south) on Peoria

      Turn left on 39th Ave (first light)

      Turn left into the 39th Avenue Business Park

      Turn left at Building A

      Facility is at west end of building (northeast corner of business park)

      Kids in the Barony:

      There are several very cool and exciting activities coming up for the kids in our Barony at the season opening event Crossroads including a weapons and shield decorating class, a padded weapons and fencing class and tourney, and a Monty Python-esque Quest for the Holy Grail to include a human game of hangman, water balloon hot potato, Knight vs. kiddies tug o’ war, and more!

      There is a need for materials for more shields for kids so we are asking for donations of plastic snow sleds and large plastic trash can lids.

      Children’s Guild of Caerthe! The Guild Head is Lady Kira. With meetings on Wednesdays at TASC.

      Upcoming Events:

      May 26th-28th Crossroads XVI

      June 22nd Caerthe Champions Challenge

      Thanks for your time and attention,