Section VI

  • Hedewigis Ockenfüß
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2008
      Greetings!

      We seem to have gotten through the first five sections. The reworked
      sections IV and V are in the "files" section of this group. I will
      put together a new "in-progress" file shortly that takes into account
      the changes we have made to the entire document.

      Next is Section VI - Removal of Officers. I have done a cut-and-paste
      below -- please take a look and make any suggestions.

      Thank you!
      ~ Hedewigis

      VI. REMOVAL OF OFFICERS
      Any elected officer can be removed from office by a vote of removal,
      as proposed by either the officers or the populace. Such proposal must
      take the form of either
      1. A decision by two-thirds of the officers, or
      2. A petition signed by one-third of the paid members of the Shire,
      presented to the officers during a business meeting.
      The vote of removal will be published in the newsletter in the same
      manner used for the election of officers, as described in IV.
      Elections. The vote of removal will be taken from the paid members of
      the Populace.
      The vote of removal will be a closed ballot format. Each paid member
      must show proof of membership to receive a ballot. Proxy ballots will
      be allowed as long as the required information is included. Proxy
      ballots will be due the day of the election. In the case of an officer
      being removed from office, or stepping down prior to the end of
      his/her term, the deputy, if one exists, will assume the office until
      a new election is conducted.
      An election will be conducted three months following the removal or
      the stepping down of the officer. If there are fewer than three months
      remaining until the next general election, the deputy may hold the
      position until the next general election. In the event that there is
      not a deputy, the position will remain vacant, and the Seneschal will
      see to the performance of the duties of that office required by
      Kingdom Law and Corpora are performed.
    • joscelyn70
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2008
        Don't forget to add residency wordage in there like we did for
        election of officer and voting. Can the letter or whatever is posted
        contain the reason for the removal? Just a thought.

        Joscelyn

        --- In caeradamant_bylaws@yahoogroups.com, Hedewigis Ockenfüß

        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2008
          --- In caeradamant_bylaws@yahoogroups.com, "joscelyn70"
          <joscelyn70@...> wrote:

          > Don't forget to add residency wordage in there like we did for
          > election of officer and voting. Can the letter or whatever is posted
          > contain the reason for the removal? Just a thought.
          >
          > Joscelyn

          Ok. I have added the residency requirements, and referenced the Proxy
          section. I have also gone back to the V. ELECTIONS section and added
          "aged 15 years or older" to the voting requirements, and modified the
          proof of residency line to exempt minor children residing with their
          parents. I am not sure most of our minor children can furnish
          sufficient proof of residency.

          So, the 15-years-old requirement will hold for Officer removal votes
          as well.

          As for adding a "reason" to the petition or Officer vote for removal
          -- I can probably argue both sides of that, but I tend to think we are
          better off if we do not include it as a requirement by way of the
          By-Laws. There is nothing to preclude a "reason" being given, and it
          is almost guaranteed to come out during the meeting, but I worry about
          putting our backs against the wall should there come a time when
          public airing is not the best course of action. I can't come up with
          a scenario to help illustrate, but I am just uncomfortable.

          Of course, if the rest of our group agrees we should include it, then
          we will include it!

          Please take a look at the modifications below (sorry, the red did not
          come through, nor did the tabs, so it looks a bit funny), and comment
          away. Also, please take a look at the rest of the By-Laws and make
          any comments about those sections as well. We are getting close to
          being finished!

          In service,
          ~ Hedewigis.

          VI. REMOVAL OF OFFICERS
          Any elected Officer can be removed from office by a vote of removal,
          as proposed by either the Officers or the Populace. Such proposal must
          take the form of either:
          1. A decision by two-thirds of the officers, or
          2. A petition signed by one-third of the paid members of the Shire,
          and presented to the Officers during a business meeting.

          VI. A. The vote of removal will be announced at the Business Meeting,
          posted to the Populace list, and published in the newsletter.

          VI. B. The vote of removal will be taken from the paid members of the
          Shire at the next scheduled Business Meeting.
          The vote of removal will be a closed ballot format. Each paid member,
          aged 15 years and older, must show proof of membership and residence
          to receive a ballot. Proxy ballots will be permitted, and will follow
          the procedures in Section V.E.2. PROXY BALLOTS.

          If an Officer is removed from Office, or steps down prior to the end
          of his/her term, the deputy, if one exists, will assume the office
          until a new election is conducted.
          An election for a replacement will be conducted three months following
          the removal or the stepping down of the Officer. If there are fewer
          than three months remaining until the next general election, the
          deputy may hold the position until the next general election. In the
          event that there is not a deputy, the position will remain vacant, and
          the Seneschal will see to the performance of the duties of that office
          as required by Kingdom Law and Corpora.
        • Roger Young
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2008
            looks very good
            YIS
            Alaxander

            <joscelyn70@ ...> wrote:

> [...]

            The vote of removal will be a closed ballot format. Each paid member,
            aged 15 years and older, must show proof of membership and residence
            to receive a ballot. Proxy ballots will be permitted, and will follow
            the procedures in Section V.E.2. PROXY BALLOTS.

            If an Officer is removed from Office, or steps down prior to the end
            of his/her term, the deputy, if one exists, will assume the office
            until a new election is conducted.
            An election for a replacement will be conducted three months following
            the removal or the stepping down of the Officer. If there are fewer
            than three months remaining until the next general election, the
            deputy may hold the position until the next general election. In the
            event that there is not a deputy, the position will remain vacant, and
            the Seneschal will see to the performance of the duties of that office

            postulo of plures sicco trutino postulo of unus

          • joscelyn70
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2008
              Looks good to me too. I will try and remember the meeting tomorrow.
              It has been a crazy week for me.

              Joscelyn

              --- In caeradamant_bylaws@yahoogroups.com, Roger Young