36Checking Membership Status [was: Re: (no subject)]

  • Hedewigis Ockenfüß
    May 25, 2008
      I have been turning this one over in my mind and I am not sure it is
      necessary to have the Seneschal, or any other local officer, take on
      this responsibility. Every officer has to report to their regional or
      Kingdom superior at least twice each year, more often for some
      offices. It has been my experience that the report includes both the
      membership number and the expiration date. Given this requirement, I
      am confident that if the local officer did not notice at the time of
      reporting that their membership was about to expire, their superior
      would notice it and would take steps to ensure the membership remained
      active (threatening to yank a warrant is pretty good incentive for most!).

      If we as a group continue to see the merit of having a local officer
      responsible for ensuring all officers remain current, I will gladly
      write it in. I just wanted to give an alternative.

      I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

      ~ Hedewigis.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic