25Re: am I reading this wrong?

  • Hedewigis Ockenfüß
    Apr 22, 2008
      I had the same concern, initially. As many of us recalled, much of
      the concern in the past was actually raised by the officers
      themselves. The jobs tended to be time-consuming and stressful and
      there seemed to be a fear of such a commitment.

      The idea of a two-year term with a staggered election schedule was
      first discussed among the officers and presented at the February Shire
      meeting. It was actually that recommendation that caused the
      formation of this By-Laws Review Committee. The suggested changes
      were reviewed at the last officers' meeting, and then distributed at
      the April Shire meeting last week where they were met general

      That is not to say that a formal vote was taken -- that will have to
      wait until the revisions are completed. It was, however, a positive
      sign that there was no immediate objection.

      Does that help?

      ~ Hedewigis.

      --- In caeradamant_bylaws@yahoogroups.com, AdolphusXB1200@... wrote:
      > The only problem I have is that historically, the Populace has
      always voted down the two year terms, since no one wanted to pledge
      more than a years worth of service at a time.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic