22am I reading this wrong?

  • joscelyn70
    Apr 20, 2008
      Hi everyone sorry I missed the meeting but my son was getting an MRI
      of his neck. Don't worry nothing serious. Anyway, I may be reading
      this section wrong and if I am could someone please let me know. In
      V.A. it states elections will be in January but in V.C.1. It states
      "The candidate for an office will submit a letter of intent to the
      Seneschal prior to the start of the January business meeting."

      How can we do this if the populace has to know who is running at least
      a month in advance? Can someone please clarify. I am also confused as
      to why we are using V.A, V.B, V.C what is this about? Thanks for
      setting me straight.

      Joscelyn

      V. ELECTIONS.

      V.A. Officer elections will be held each January during the scheduled
      Business Meeting (all years are modern):
      V.A.1. In odd-numbered years: Exchequer, Knight Marshal, Herald, Web
      Minister, Chronicler.

      V.A.2. In even-numbered years: Seneschal, Chatelaine, Minister of A&S,
      Captain of Archers.

      V.B October and November: Call for candidates for positions coming up
      for vote. Notice will be given at the Business Meeting, posted to the
      Populace list, and included in the newsletter (Fort Knights).

      V.C. December. Letters of intent are due to the Seneschal prior to the
      start of the December Business Meeting. Candidates for each office
      will be announced at the December Business Meeting, as well as on the
      Populace list and in the newsletter.

      V.C.1.LETTER OF INTENT. The candidate for an office will submit a
      letter of intent to the Seneschal prior to the start of the January
      business meeting.

      V.B.2. The letter will include the member's modern name, SCA name (if
      applicable), membership number and expiration date, and a few lines
      describing the request. Proof of residence is required (e.g.
      photocopy of a current utility bill or Delaware driver's license).

      V.C. Between the December and the January Business Meetings.

      V.C.1. The Seneschal will ask that any candidates who so desire to
      send a statement detailing his or her qualifications, reason(s) for
      seeking office, and goals for their time in office. Responses will be
      combined and posted to the Populace list.

      V.C.2. The Seneschal will see that a ballot is created and made
      available through the Populace list and the newsletter, as well as by
      paper copy on the day of the election. The ballot will include the
      names of any eligible candidates as well as a "none of the above"
      option for each position.

      V.D. January.

      V.D.1. Officer elections will be via closed ballot. Any Caer Adamant
      resident who is also a paid member of the SCA, Inc. may vote in an
      Officer election. Prior to casting a ballot, each member must show
      proof of membership (membership card of Pikestaff mailing label), and
      proof of residence (e.g. photocopy of a current utility bill or
      Delaware driver's license).
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic