Long time no see, I just added an Album

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007
      And uploaded photo's of My '79 Eldorado Project car, from a poor Freemont
      CA. GM paint job which used waterbased paints in the late '70's.
      To my buying this '79 Caddy, for $500.00 and getting it road worthy and
      driveable. During it's restoration, and into the paint shop, of a local buddy.
      Who used the latest paints, and did minor body fill work, after I replaced
      some damaged body parts to the right front fender, front bumper, and all the
      chrome trim pieces I could find and put on before sending it to painting.
      I even picked up a spare engine, a Tornado 350-V8, which is an Old's Rocket
      88, 350 hp. The '79 Caddy Eldorado's had a lot of Cadillac firsts, flush
      windows with the body, independent rear suspension, torsion bar front
      suspension, 20 inches shorter than the '78 Eldo's, EFi , passenger door
      release from the right rear seat. etc.
      I always wanted to do a Caddy, with a Marine Corp paint job, and EldoBlues
      is my version of it. It was ready for a USMC 1st Tanker Reunion, in Seattle,
      WA. , and was my daily driver, until I bought my '92 Eldorado, in '05 which
      only had 68,650 miles on it.
      It's been some time since I said I would get some pictures in here, sorry it
      took so long, but it's done ! (a new computer was part of the delay) !!

      My newest toy is a Vulcan 1600 Classic, ;)
      but that's another story!

      Later,
      wojo