Re: [Cadillac Club] Isn't This A Cadillac Club Site?

  • Jim Isbell, W5JAI
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
      I, like you am interested in discussion, but this is a very quiet mail
      list. I get about one post a week at most.

      I drive a 1989 Deville...my second 1989 deville. Its my main
      transportation. The last one hit 300,000 so I sold it to my neighbor
      and bought this one 2 years ago with only 40,000. It now had 86,000
      on it and doing fine. This 4.6 engine seems to be bulletproof, not
      like the 4.2 which was a piece of junk and was the predacessor to the
      4.6.

      I am interested mainly in maintenance tips and modifications to
      improve the car...like I recently added a water separator since we get
      water in the gass every now and then.

      --
      Jim Isbell
      W5JAI
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
        I am fully interested in th ecaddy discussions
        I own three 1961 caddy Convertibles

        slowly getting them restored

        Clint

        > I joined because I was looking forward to finding out about Cadillac
        > Clubs and where the best places are to buy parts for repairs/re-
        > building. So, why are there so many business ads? If anyone out
        > there is seriously interested in this type of discussion, let me
        > know. BTW, I bought my 1989 Brougham, Dark Grey, brand new, and am
        > still driving my Land-Yacht today! Finally hit 70k miles this
        > August. My will also states that my car goes to a Cadillac Club.
        > Looking forward to your response.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Stephen Page
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
          Clint

          Below is an email I sent to grindl52

          Count me in. Absolutely. I have the same thoughts and, from what I read, so do other people.

          I drive a 1976 Eldorado (in the UK) and I also have a Fleetwood 75. I have come across various US and UK resources in my travels.

          Please can we be in touch and maybe form our own discussion group?

          Best wishes
          Stephen Page

          > I joined because I was looking forward to finding out about Cadillac
          > Clubs and where the best places are to buy parts for repairs/re-
          > building. So, why are there so many business ads? If anyone out
          > there is seriously interested in this type of discussion, let me
          > know. BTW, I bought my 1989 Brougham, Dark Grey, brand new, and am
          > still driving my Land-Yacht today! Finally hit 70k miles this
          > August. My will also states that my car goes to a Cadillac Club.
          > Looking forward to your response.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Clint D
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 22, 2004
            Steven

            I have set up a new Caddy collectors group. This one will be new members
            approved and the first posting or few will be moderated to assure no
            spamming.

            I will need a moderator to help recruit new members and help in approving new
            members and messages

            anyone wanting to join go to
            http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CadillacCollectors/

            I hope we can get to talking about restoration projects or any other Caddy
            topics

            Clint D

            > Count me in. Absolutely. I have the same thoughts and, from what I read,
            so do other people.

            > I drive a 1976 Eldorado (in the UK) and I also have a Fleetwood 75. I have
            come across various US and UK resources in my travels.

            > Please can we be in touch and maybe form our own discussion group?
            >
            > Best wishes
            > Stephen Page

            Service.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jim Isbell, W5JAI
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 22, 2004
              I hope this is not restricted to 30 or 40 year old caddys. I am
              looking for a tech session where even 10 year old caddys are welcome.

              --
              Jim Isbell
              W5JAI
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 22, 2004
                Jim

                No, it is not restricted to just classics, that is the main objective, but
                any caddy topics are welcome

                Clint