Isn't This A Cadillac Club Site?

  • grindl52
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
      I joined because I was looking forward to finding out about Cadillac
      Clubs and where the best places are to buy parts for repairs/re-
      building. So, why are there so many business ads? If anyone out
      there is seriously interested in this type of discussion, let me
      know. BTW, I bought my 1989 Brougham, Dark Grey, brand new, and am
      still driving my Land-Yacht today! Finally hit 70k miles this
      August. My will also states that my car goes to a Cadillac Club.
      Looking forward to your response.
    • Jim Isbell, W5JAI
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
        I, like you am interested in discussion, but this is a very quiet mail
        list. I get about one post a week at most.

        I drive a 1989 Deville...my second 1989 deville. Its my main
        transportation. The last one hit 300,000 so I sold it to my neighbor
        and bought this one 2 years ago with only 40,000. It now had 86,000
        on it and doing fine. This 4.6 engine seems to be bulletproof, not
        like the 4.2 which was a piece of junk and was the predacessor to the
        4.6.

        I am interested mainly in maintenance tips and modifications to
        improve the car...like I recently added a water separator since we get
        water in the gass every now and then.

        --
        Jim Isbell
        W5JAI
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
          I am fully interested in th ecaddy discussions
          I own three 1961 caddy Convertibles

          slowly getting them restored

          Clint

          > I joined because I was looking forward to finding out about Cadillac
          > Clubs and where the best places are to buy parts for repairs/re-
          > building. So, why are there so many business ads? If anyone out
          > there is seriously interested in this type of discussion, let me
          > know. BTW, I bought my 1989 Brougham, Dark Grey, brand new, and am
          > still driving my Land-Yacht today! Finally hit 70k miles this
          > August. My will also states that my car goes to a Cadillac Club.
          > Looking forward to your response.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Stephen Page
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 21, 2004
            Clint

            Below is an email I sent to grindl52

            Count me in. Absolutely. I have the same thoughts and, from what I read, so do other people.

            I drive a 1976 Eldorado (in the UK) and I also have a Fleetwood 75. I have come across various US and UK resources in my travels.

            Please can we be in touch and maybe form our own discussion group?

            Best wishes
            Stephen Page

            > I joined because I was looking forward to finding out about Cadillac
            > Clubs and where the best places are to buy parts for repairs/re-
            > building. So, why are there so many business ads? If anyone out
            > there is seriously interested in this type of discussion, let me
            > know. BTW, I bought my 1989 Brougham, Dark Grey, brand new, and am
            > still driving my Land-Yacht today! Finally hit 70k miles this
            > August. My will also states that my car goes to a Cadillac Club.
            > Looking forward to your response.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Clint D
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 22, 2004
              Steven

              I have set up a new Caddy collectors group. This one will be new members
              approved and the first posting or few will be moderated to assure no
              spamming.

              I will need a moderator to help recruit new members and help in approving new
              members and messages

              anyone wanting to join go to
              http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CadillacCollectors/

              I hope we can get to talking about restoration projects or any other Caddy
              topics

              Clint D

              > Count me in. Absolutely. I have the same thoughts and, from what I read,
              so do other people.

              > I drive a 1976 Eldorado (in the UK) and I also have a Fleetwood 75. I have
              come across various US and UK resources in my travels.

              > Please can we be in touch and maybe form our own discussion group?
              >
              > Best wishes
              > Stephen Page

              Service.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jim Isbell, W5JAI
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 22, 2004
                I hope this is not restricted to 30 or 40 year old caddys. I am
                looking for a tech session where even 10 year old caddys are welcome.

                --
                Jim Isbell
                W5JAI
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 22, 2004
                  Jim

                  No, it is not restricted to just classics, that is the main objective, but
                  any caddy topics are welcome

                  Clint