info from VIN

  • Lawford
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2004
      I'm trying to find info on the coupe deville from say 1979-84 having
      a hard time and know others are too. What ever I do find I'm putting
      together a webpage. Is there a way to decode the VIN on these for
      one as everything I've found is '85 and up, is that when VINs were
      standardized or did GM just change their ways? I'd also like to know
      what engines were available. I'd most likely swap it out if I got
      one with an ht4100. Did these cars have a big list of options or
      were they loaded as is? Basically any info on this style deville.
      Info would help or a point to a web site would be great. And don't
      worry I'm going to the library too, so any books :)