Tyres for a 1976 Eldorado - help please?

  • Stephen Page
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2004
      Help please ladies and gentlemen.

      I recently bought a 1976 Eldorado Convertible, which over time, I will restore to as near new condition as I can sensibly get. I want to learn about the car, as we go. I am in the UK, the car came from Miami.

      With that in mind, anyone tell me what tyres I should have?. At present it has Goodrich Lifesavers on but the rubber is cracking and they need replacing. I'd like to replace them with the best. Anyone tell me what the original tyres would have been? Anyone tell me the top-of-the range tyres from the present range?

      I usually fit Michelin to any European car I have. Doesn't seem right for a Cadillac somehow. Any thoughts on this?

      Best wishes and regards
      Stephen Page