Please help!!!!! I'm asking everywhere!!!!!

  • laurentkm2 <laurentkm2@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2003
      I hope that someone can help me out with my question.

      The quick background: I won a 1980 V8 Cadillac coupe deville on
      auction. Picked the car up drove it home fine.

      I live in Virginia and have to pass an emissions test. When I start
      the car up at first (after a few hours when it's been turned off), it
      sends out blue smoke (burning oil), but after 5 minutes there is no
      trace of smoke AT ALL. A mechanic told me that maybe a seal is bad
      and the oil seaps through overnight.

      The question/problem.

      I know if I start the car cold, there is no way I can pass emissions
      (I have already changed the oil). But if I drive it around the smoke
      eventually stops. Do you guys think I may be able to pass emissions
      even though there is no smoke once the car is heated up???

      Hope to hear from someone, because I would really like to keep this
      car. And if it passed, I want to fix the smoking problem also.

      Thanks so much!!!

      LM
    • team_pms
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2003
        Might be the valve guide seals? If ya can't fix it prior to
        emissions testing, for goodness sakes, wipe the back bumper before
        you go in line. If they see smoot on the bumper, they'll send ya
        home.

        My 85 Seville burns so much oil that I had to put a "dump" pipe on it
        so the bumper would not look black all the time.

        You should move down here to Sunny Florida. They stopped inspections
        literally the day before my birthday....he he he.... I was 102% sure
        I would never pass another year.(grin)

        --- In cadillacclub@yahoogroups.com, "laurentkm2 <laurentkm2@y...>"