Re: [Cadillac Club] Cadillac Dashboards....

  • JOE DERUISE
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2002
      Where do you live?You will need a heatgun or strong hairdryer to help apply the vinyl.Measure how much material you will need to cover each piece,then apply soapy water to the piece.Next place the sticky side of the vinyl onto the soapy trim piece, spread out the vinyl with the spreader that is supplied with the kit.Make sure the grain of the wood texture follows throughout the pieces.Work out ALL air bubbles,this is not an easy task to complete so you will do more than your fair share of cursing,believe me!You will need to use the heat to help the vinyl layout and wrap around the curves and edges.Once it seems that the vinyl has set,use an X-Acto knife to carefully trim any excess vinyl on the piece.I hope that this may help you get started, if you need me to talk you through it let me know.Thanks,Joe 252-393-3911 call me at night
      original_tyco <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Yes please....I'm totally clueless.

      So I can do it myself?

      I wanted to order the whole panel (new) with vents and all, cause my
      lil vents are bad also.