Re: The count begins...

  • team_pms
    Message 1 of 185 , Jan 27, 2002
      I have owned several Cadi's over the years, but
      my 77 Coupe holds a special spot in my heart. I have
      to tell you, as far as mills are concerned, the 425
      was very good to me. It was softer than some of my
      472's but still a gem in it's own right. If my
      diminishing memory serves me correct, the 77 came with a
      bullet proof TH400 which is in my opinion was/is the
      best GM tranny around.<br><br>The only problems I had
      with that car was getting the secondaries set up
      right. Quadrajets don't like me much. Word of advice,
      never shut the door with the window partially or fully
      down, especially with a coupe. Many a time I had 20 lb
      piece of window laying on my lap after slamming that
      big old door and rolling it up. BTW, if your window
      does break away from the bottom bracket, use PC7 to
      glue it back. The GM silicon (say silly cone he he)
      does not get enough purchase between the glass and
      metal. Also, change your diff grease once a year. Diffs
      often get over looked and do appreciate the added
      Message 185 of 185 , Feb 2, 2002