Northstar eng.

  • deville19972002
    Message 1 of 185 , Jan 6, 2002
      Has anyone ever had problems with coolant lost???
      My 97 northstar is loosing coolant through the over
      flow, I changed the cap but it still leaks. 1/2 gal,
      every 150 miles of hwy. driving @ 65 m.p.h.<br>someone
      told me about GM Cooling system seal tads. You put
      these six brown tablets in the radiator. It seems the
      north star aluminum eng. has problems with coolant
      leaking around the heads gasket. Building up pressure and
      blowing out coolant. I never heard of such a thing! Has
      anyone ever heard of this? I'm ready to get rid of this
      car if it's put together so badly. I've also heard
      that if it's a blown head gasket on the northstar you
      need to change the eng. I love this car and would like
      to keep it. Can someone that knows of this problem
      please help.
      Message 185 of 185 , Feb 2, 2002