Re: With bodies out of trunk 5,419 lbs.

  • jat425
    Message 1 of 185 , Jun 9, 2001
      Hi,...It may be the scales you are using...Go to
      the nearest Truck stop and weigh it there..The weight
      for the 1990 Brougham is actually a tad lighter than
      my 89 Brougham,It should be about,4,080 lbs,..my 89
      is titled at 4100..Anyway i have some other
      knowledge you may find intriuging,the 88 to 90 full size 4
      doors had as thick a sheetmetal as the 75
      fleetwood,from 76 to 86 used thin sheetmetal around the ht4100
      aluminum block cast iron head,"Fuel concern times",as to
      where from 87-89 used the oldsmobile 307 cast iron
      V-8,which is the 455 olds block stroked and bored to
      307,while your 90 model is using the chevrolet 305 V-8 cast
      iron engine...Earl
      Message 185 of 185 , Feb 2, 2002