need help

  • Hi Rick
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2009
      I have a 1987 Cadillac Cimarron V6 ... The trouble is in the morning it starts up just fine ... but after it's runs for awhile .. i go to start it again and i have to turn - and turn - and turn the motor . it sounds like one will hit then another - then another and finely all hit and it starts... you can smell the fuel ,, and it runs ruff on a ideal .. But you can go down the road give the gas to it and it runs GREAT ... could i have fuel sensor problem ??? i need help
      Thanks Rick
    • Anne A.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2009
        Rick,
        I sold my 87 Deville Caddy 5 years ago ...after driving for approximatly 10 miles or so, cutting it off and starting again, as you described, the coolant light would come on. I had this inspected time and time again to no avail..no leak could be found. Your motor could gradually be wearing out...have you tried cleaning your battery posts?

        Good luck,

        Anne

        I have a 1987 Cadillac Cimarron V6 ... The trouble is in the morning it starts up just fine ... but after it's runs for awhile .. i go to start it again and i have to turn - and turn - and turn the motor . it sounds like one will hit then another - then another and finely all hit and it starts... you can smell the fuel ,, and it runs ruff on a ideal .. But you can go down the road give the gas to it and it runs GREAT ... could i have fuel sensor problem ??? i need help
        Thanks Rick

      • rick perkins
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2009
          Thanks for your reply Anne... a really like this car and I will find the problem... Rick