216Re: Cadillac Brougham - how much better is the 5.7?

  • team_pms
    Nov 8, 2002
      Jeff,

      I never had a "5.0" or the "5.7". However, I did have an 83 Sedan
      and 86 Sedan, (Baby cadi w/ the 4500) and I can honestly say the 86
      was leaps and bounds a stronger. Presently I have an 85 Seville de
      Elegance with the old 4100. Essh, that mill is just as soggy as the
      83's. Of all my favorite toys, which included a 70 Sedan, 72 Sedan,
      76 Eldo, 77 Coupe, 85 Eldo and the aforementioned above...my 77 with
      a 425 was my all time best.

      I'm no expert, just an enthusiast. In my opinion the 4100 was 2nd
      worse mill next that 4-6-8 crap they through at us. Nevertheless,
      they are so cheap to buy at the present time, I don't mind melting
      one every once in a while. (grin)

      PS. Don't get me started on that dressed up Chevy Caviler Cadi
      either.8>P

      BTW If you through 6000 lbs, let alone 3000 lbs in the trunk of my
      70, it still would pull the 4100 through a 1/4 mile.

      Anyway, good luck on your search.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic