173Re: Northstar eng.

  • deville19972002
    Jan 13, 2002
      Thanks, I'm losing 1/2 gal. a week driving 30
      miles a day. I'm not over filling. The fans are 2 elec.
      and they both work. The eng is not overheating. I
      will try the lower hose and then re-torque the heads.
      I called GM they said to use only their seal tabs
      and said all Northstar eng. need them losing water
      are not new or old! They also said to change the head
      gasket on the 32 valve Northstar was a hell of a job.
      The Northstar is not like other GM eng. Thanks again.
    • Show all 185 messages in this topic