BOT project

  • Sridhar CA
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2008
      Dear Friends,

      We are an aviation holding company.
      We are developing one airport under BOT scheme.
      The committed investment with in one year is USD 150 Million.  Before the completion of the airport and before investing the said $150 Million, we received some cash inflow in the form of landing fees and ground handling fees for making the airport available for local requirement on a temporary basis.  What will be proper accounting treatment for the cash inflow during preconstruction period or before commencement of commercial operations?

      Whether the inflows will reduce my cost of investment?
      Or
      Can I book it as other revenue in the holding company books.

      Your expert opinion is highly appreciated.

      Thanks for all your help in advance.

      Best Regards,
      Sridhar

      Sridhar Andhavarapu