RE: [cablevision_digital] SA 4200 w/ TIVO question

  • Vince Averello
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
      Nope IR Blaster is the only way (until someone comes up with a USB
      control mechanism). I don't think CableVision ever had a box you could
      use serial control with

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
        As a sidenote -- I have ReplayTV, and the IR blaster works just fine
        on my SA4200 box.. No messups or anything like that.

        Rick

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Vince Averello
        <vince@o...> wrote:
        > Nope IR Blaster is the only way (until someone comes up with a USB
        > control mechanism). I don't think CableVision ever had a box you
        could
        > use serial control with

      • Chris Sullens
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
          Unless the box turns itself off and doesn't turn itself back on (bios
          upgrades?).

          <vince@o...> wrote:
          > Nope IR Blaster is the only way (until someone comes up with a USB
          > control mechanism). I don't think CableVision ever had a box you
          could
          > use serial control with

        • Vince Averello
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
            As a TiVo sidenote... I've got two TiVos with SA4200's and they work
            fine with IR blasters. I don't think I've missed a channel change yet.

          • Rick <rfelter@optonline.net>
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
              Ive had the box turn off and not come back on -- but I have not
              missed any recordings due to that -- yet.

              --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Chris Sullens

            • hermanosx <baraf@bestweb.net>
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
                I also have a Replay. I finally set it up properly last week and it
                works fine with the 4200 and the IR Blaster. When it didn't have
                the ability to switch channels it still wasvery useful.

                --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Rick