Re: [cablevision_digital] Optimum Android App - what does it do?

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2013
      It acts as a cable box but only if you are home. I use it in the kitchen
      where there is no TV and I want to watch the news in the morning. I also
      use it in the back yard during the summer. It is also a remote for each
      cable box in the house. You can change channels, turn down the volume, etc.
      and you don't have to be in the same room as the TV. You can also watch On
      Demand programming. It is much better then the old DVR Manager App. You can
      use it away from home as the DVR Manager.

      On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Ron Troy <rtroy56@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I'm confused as to what can be done with the Optimum Android App. I don't
      > need it at home; I use TV's there. If I use it outside of the house on
      > Verizon's network, I can browse shows but can't actually watch any (option
      > to play is ghosted out). If I'm out and I use wifi, the app does not work
      > at all.
      >
      > So what's the point?
      >
      > Ron

      Rick