Wilt - any recent outside changes that could make cable card lose channels?

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
      Wilt,

      After being rock solid (with only 1 brief exception) since 2009, my Tvo HD and cable card combo have started losing channels (mostly HD channels in the 700s) over the last couple of weeks. Same Tivo and cable card all this time.

      Rebooting the TiVo or reseating the cable card solves the issue after a few minutes until it happens next time. Happened this week two consecutive evenings.

      Ordinarily, I would just assume a truck roll or cable card swap is needed, but given how stable things have been until recently, I thought it might be related to a change on my node or the headend associated with recent SDV removal for HD preimums or some other change in the system.

      Also, last time the lead cable card tech came out when I was not receiving 762 TWC HD, all my signal levels were found to be good.

      These days, except on lost channels at time of loss, Tivo DVR diagnostics return signal strength at or near 100, s/n around 36, OOB s/n around 27, 0 RS corrected or uncorrected errors.

      This has already led to one wife-upsetting missed recording due to no signal, so appreciate any advice you can offer..

      Thanks...
    • Charles
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
        I should have also mentioned this is the Morris NJ system (Allamuchy)...

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <cbihler@...> wrote:

        > Wilt,
        >
        > After being rock solid (with only 1 brief exception) since 2009, my Tvo HD and cable card combo have started losing channels (mostly HD channels in the 700s) over the last couple of weeks. Same Tivo and cable card all this time.
        >
        > Rebooting the TiVo or reseating the cable card solves the issue after a few minutes until it happens next time. Happened this week two consecutive evenings.
        >
        > Ordinarily, I would just assume a truck roll or cable card swap is needed, but given how stable things have been until recently, I thought it might be related to a change on my node or the headend associated with recent SDV removal for HD preimums or some other change in the system.
        >
        > Also, last time the lead cable card tech came out when I was not receiving 762 TWC HD, all my signal levels were found to be good.
        >
        > These days, except on lost channels at time of loss, Tivo DVR diagnostics return signal strength at or near 100, s/n around 36, OOB s/n around 27, 0 RS corrected or uncorrected errors.
        >
        > This has already led to one wife-upsetting missed recording due to no signal, so appreciate any advice you can offer..
        >
        > Thanks...

      • Wilt Hildenbrand
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
          How about we come by and check it out? Give me address and phone, privately,
          to wilth@...