Re: Internet problems

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
      Everything is fine on my end and I'm using an older Linksys WRT54GL connected to the Arris TM822 on the standard speed tier with no issues in Lake Hopatcong/Jefferson Township on the Morris County system. Have you tried directly connecting a desktop or laptop into the back of the modem? I would've tried that first before even considering getting a new router.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "jlangweil" <jlangweil@...> wrote:

      > I am having major Internet issues. I thought it might be the router, so I bought a new one, but after working fine for a while, tonight I am getting no connectivity for 1-2 minutes, followed by restoration of connectivity, and then it goes away again in 30 seconds. Is there a problem at CVs end in the Morris area?
      >
      > I need to work from home and telecommute tomorrow, need some assistance here.
      >
      > Could it be the modem?

    • jlangweil
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
        Yes, I tried directly hooking it up to the modem and it seemed to work, which is why i went and replaced the router. However, when I tried this again when it was having issues again, even directly connecting to the modem didn't work. The connection was still on and off. Checked signal strength, cable connections, can't find anything.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <tjstcp@...> wrote:

        > Everything is fine on my end and I'm using an older Linksys WRT54GL connected to the Arris TM822 on the standard speed tier with no issues in Lake Hopatcong/Jefferson Township on the Morris County system. Have you tried directly connecting a desktop or laptop into the back of the modem? I would've tried that first before even considering getting a new router.
        >
        > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "jlangweil" <jlangweil@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am having major Internet issues. I thought it might be the router, so I bought a new one, but after working fine for a while, tonight I am getting no connectivity for 1-2 minutes, followed by restoration of connectivity, and then it goes away again in 30 seconds. Is there a problem at CVs end in the Morris area?
        > >
        > > I need to work from home and telecommute tomorrow, need some assistance here.
        > >
        > > Could it be the modem?

      • Ron Troy
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
          Have you tried a 2nd PC? Going wired instead of wifi?

        • jlangweil
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
            I had a tech come over and swap modems, but I have still lost my internet connection 3-4 times this afternoon. I am not certain this issue is resolved. Please let me know what else can be done.

            --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Ron Troy <rtroy56@...> wrote:

            > Have you tried a 2nd PC? Going wired instead of wifi?

          • Wilt Hildenbrand
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
              Send me your address again, privately to wilth@..., and I¹ll get a
              look at the area.

              From: jlangweil <jlangweil@...>
              Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 19:35:21 +0000
              To: <cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [cablevision_digital] Attn Wilt: Re: Internet problems

              <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com> , Ron Troy <rtroy56@...>
              wrote:

              > Have you tried a 2nd PC? Going wired instead of wifi?

            • houndbaby2002
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
                I been having intermittent no upload problems for the past month. The local service Dept. and OSP are aware of the problem. I'm located in Morris Country on the Denville Parsippany border. Cound this be related ?